Many of us tend to fall into this mistake, we spend time trying to find out what skincare products will work best for us and what cosmetics will hide or camouflage our skin problems. We always skip a crucial phase of maintaining a healthy diet, good hours of sleep, working out, a positive attitude and drinking plenty of water.
Believe it or not, a dewy super glowy skin comes from how you take care of your whole self and not just buying the best selling product.
Here are some tips to help you get the natural glow!
- Drink plenty of water: we all know that water is works wonders on our skin but we just fail to drink the required amount every day. You can develop some habits such as keeping a bottle of water always with you, drinking a glass of water every two hours, add some flavor to your glass of water, or get some app assistance that reminds you to drink water and tells you how many glasses you should have or have had.
- Add more of the good fat to your diet: Fatty fish like salmon and herring are full of Omega-3 and are an excellent source of Vitamin E, protein and Zinc. Toss few pieces of Avocado in your salad, they are full of healthy fat as well as vitamin C & E
- Incorporate exercise into your busy schedule: Always take the stairs instead of the elevator, park your car few miles away from office or the mall and enjoy the walk, walk when you are on the phone…housework can also save you the trips to the gym…working out is like a mini facial for the skin When you exercise, the tiny arteries in your skin open up, allowing more blood to reach the skin’s and deliver nutrients that repair damage. These nutrients also rev up the skin’s collagen production thwarting wrinkles and so your skin looks younger.
- You need your beauty sleep, try to get between 7- 9 hours of sleep, because lack of sleep can cause acne, breakouts and an increase in the breakdown of collagen and hyaluronic acid.
- Always maintain a positive attitude- don’t you notice that positive women always look younger…you might be giving the energy that makes other people think you are younger than you actually are… positive attitude has that special glow!
Be good to your skin….you will wear it every day for the rest of your life…